Department of Zoology, GDC Jammikunta
Introduction & Brief History Of The Department
The Department of Zoology Govt. Degree College, Jammikunta started functioning in the year 1965 under the Ministry of Higher Education, Govt. of A.P. and affiliated to Kakatiya University, Warangal upto 2011. From 2011 onwards it comes under SatavahanaUniversity.The Zoology Department academic programs, rules and regulations are as per the Board of studies Satavahana University, Karimnagar, Telangana. The Department of Zoology was established in this college with B.Sc. (BZC) course in the year 2006 with a view to provide Science education to the students of this region. Eminent and well experienced faculty served at this department. New courses Dairy Science and Crop Production introduced in the present academic year 2020-21.
Faculty Members Present
Asst. Professor of Zoology
Dr.K.Rama Rao, Asst. Professor of Zoology
Dr.B.Leela, Asst. Professor of Zoology
P.Rohini, Asst. Professor of Zoology
- With a view to provide quality Science Education to the students of this region, Department of Zoology was established in 2006 with B.Sc. (BZC) TM course.
- Present Academic year 2020-2021 (86) admissions are increased in the Zoology Departments compared to 2019-2020 (17) with the efforts of staff as part of ‘Door to Door Admission Campaign’ and also introduction of new courses such as Dairy Science and Crop production.
- Zoology Department have conducted a good number of Co-curricular activities such as Student Seminars, Assignments, Group Discussion, Debates, Extension Lectures, Science Quiz, Elocution, Essay Writing, Field Visits and Study Projects etc. to increase their participative and collaborative learning.
- Zoology Faculty are effectively using ICT for making the teaching-learning more effective.
- To provide first-hand knowledge to the students, Field Trips and Study Tours have been conducted during the last five years.
- As far as physical and infrastructural facilities are concerned, Department of Zoology has one staff room, 1 spacious classroom, Digital Classroom cum Zoology Lab and CCTV Cameras for safety and security.
- The Departmental Library has Text books and Reference books.
- During the last five years, a good number of BZC students have progressed to higher education i.e., M.Sc., B.Ed., M.B.A and Other Courses etc.
- The Teachers of Department of Zoology are rendering their valuable services in various Academic, Administrative, IQAC and Extension Committees.