Department of Mathematics
About the Department
Department of Mathematics was established in the year 1965. Initially B.Sc (MPC) TM courses were taught, subsequently B.Sc (MPCs) course was introduced in the academic year 1998. The Department has been motivating and looking after the students by providing excellent guidance in Mathematics and guiding for PG entrance in IIT-JAM and various Universities by supplying a good number of text books and reference books.
Vision and Mission of the Department:
ision: To create an enlighten society of educated young minds with scientific temperament, logical analysis and rational thinking.
Mission: Teachers of mathematics, we believe that every problem has a solution as long as you apply the right formula. Our mission is to prepare the students not only for the three year academic phase but also for the period where they have to struggle individually for their careers and jobs. Our teaching is career based and competitive exam oriented with maximum focus on analytical and practical abilities. Winning traits like Life skills, self confidence and problem solving capacity are given special place in our curriculum. Our mission is to produce intellectuals of highest order who perceive problems as tools of self-realization.
The Department of Mathematics offered the following combinations of courses for boys and girls.
B.Sc. (M.P.Cs) EM
B.Sc. (M.P.C) EM
Combinations Offered in the Department of Mathematics
Maths, Physics, Chemistry
Maths, Physics, Computer Science
The Sanctioned Strength is 30 in each section.
L.Ravinder, M.Sc., APSET., Asst. Professor of Mathematics
Objectives of the Department:
- Our primary objective is to make students understand the purposefulness and appreciate the beauty of
- To see that every pass out is qualitatively superior and equipped with essential employable skills required for competitive world.
- To use appropriate mathematical concepts and skills to solve problems in both familiar and unfamiliar situations including those in real-life contexts.
- A graduate in Mathematics can join in M.Sc (Mathematics) in IITs, NITs, Central and state universities.
- Students after completion of graduation with Mathematics as a subject can utilize his skills in various fields such as Physics, Statistics, Computer science and in almost all sciences